· I’m a 46 year-old Phoenix, Arizona native, goth-geek, byte-banging digital alchemist, self-published author, podcaster, husband, father, and now grandfather!
· For my day job, I work full-time as a software engineer developing hotel reservation software. It’s not sexy like video games, but it pays well.
· My first podcast was based on this blog, where I prattled on about cool stuff, and played music from independent bands. (A podcast is a cross between a radio show and an online journal.)
· My second podcast was where my wife and I prattled on about vampires, because frankly that's what we love talking about.
· I'm a freelance writer. I write poetry, short stories, and articles on various topics. I have self-published my "modern vampire romance" novel, entitled LILITH’S LOVE. I produced a podcast version of the audiobook version of the novel as well. I am working on a sequel and third book to complete a trilogy, plus a series of prequels.
· I used to have a website called The Lurkers’ Domain, for storytelling and role-playing games. Someday I may resurrect the site.
· One of my personal software projects is a web-based RPG/LARP/MUD hybrid vampire game called GOTHIK: Tangled Web.
· If that wasn’t enough, my wife and I hosted a masquerade vampires’ ball in Phoenix on Halloween 2006. Someday we hope to host another.
TRIVIA ABOUT ME
I’ve been an ordained minister since 2001. I’ve performed two weddings. My faith is best described as Eclectic Agnostic. One of my passions is studying all religions. I have a website for that exploration at AquariusChurch.org.
STUFF I COLLECT
ankh pendants · books of almost every variety · comic books and graphic novels, especially vampire-related · Vampire: The Masquerade books · sarcastic buttons from Hot Topic · dreamcatchers (some of which I’ve made myself) · ceramic artwork (all of which I’ve painted myself) · steampunk accoutrements (most I have made myself)
GAMES I LOVE TO PLAY
Trivia games · Chess · RPG games like In Nomine, Ravenloft, Vampire: The Masquerade, Vampire: The Requiem · Word Games like Apples To Apples and Scrabble/UPwords.
Vampire · Sci-Fi · Fantasy · Thriller · Action/Adventure · Comedy · anything starring Angelina Jolie · anything written/directed by Kevin Smith
My tastes are the same as movies, but I don’t watch as much TV as I used to. I bought a TiVo so I don’t miss the good stuff, though. I always watch Doctor Who, Good Eats, Penn & Teller’s Bullshit, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report.
Alanis Morissette · Fiona Apple · Jewel · Leslie Fish · Liz Phair · Madonna · Pink · Sarah Maclachlan · Shania Twain · Sheryl Crow · Alice Cooper · David Bowie · Elvis Presley · George Michael · Jason Mraz · Jim Croce · Joe Bethancourt · Meat Loaf · Michael Jackson · Phil Collins · Prince · Richard Cheese · Sammy Hagar · Sting · ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic
Aerosmith · The Beatles · Blondie · The Blues Brothers · Blues Traveler · Bon Jovi · Deadeye Dick · Def Leppard · Duran Duran · The Eagles · Evanesence · Foo Fighters · The Gin Blossoms · Genesis · Guns N Roses · Linkin Park · Matchbox 20 · Metallica · The Narrow Way · Nickelback · Nine Inch Nails Nirvana · No Doubt · Pearl Jam · Pink Floyd · The Police · Queen · The Rolling Stones · REM · Soundgarden · Type O Negative · U2 · Van Halen
Joseph Michael Linsner · Christy Moeller-Masel · Olivia De Berardinis · Boris Vallejo · H.R. Giger · John Bolton
Douglas Adams · Neil Gaiman · Gail Carriger · Laurel K. Hamilton · P.N. Elrod · Mark Twain · Bram Stoker · Christie Golden